Sunday, February 9, 2014

Banana Coconut Cake

What do you do when you have a few bananas that is slowly turning into brown and no longer appetizing.  You make a cake out of it.  Its recommended to use bananas that have really turned brown and sort of mushy.

I wanted something different instead of the usual bananas and nuts or chocolate chips. I found this recipe and at baking.food and it was definitely worth to make them.  I made mine using a 10" springform tube pan just similar to the picture shown below. You get this beautiful sweet aroma when the cake is being baked.

As I made this cake for a friend who just moved into a new house,  I took the big piece and left the little one.  I had time to indulge on it 2 days later, not only it was still moist and soft, it was delicious and awesome.  My soon to be teenager son had one bite and decided to ask for more.


Courtesy of Mr Google.


The dark brown line that divides the cake is a mixture of brown sugar, desiccated coconut and spices.
This is what you get when you used this type springform - a big piece and eenie weenie cute one
Banana Coconut Cake
source :  www. baking.food.com

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe banan
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup grated coconut - I used desiccated coconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp tsp ginger powder

Directions
 1.  In a small bowl, mix the coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger.  Set aside
2.  Grase and flour a 9" tube pan.
3.  Cream butter and sugar.  Beat in eggs 1 at a time
4.  Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla.
5. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Beat into banana mixture toblend. 
6.  Pour half of the batter into the tube pan.  Sprinkle with half of the coconut mixture.  Add remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining topping - which I forgot to do.
7. Bake at 175C for 50mins or till done.  ( I reduced my temperature to 160C as the pan that I used was dark coloured and cooked for an hour)


Sathiarani


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quick and Easy Vegetable Briyani

Quick and Easy Vegetable Pulao with Pomegranate Raita 2nd Friday Aadhi Velli Menu of the day Naivedyam was Arisi Paruppu Payasam @ Rice ...