It was really delicious and I was actually surprise that we can make soup of drumstick. Normally I had cooked them with sambar, sardine curry or just simply drumstick masala with egg .
Priyas Versatile Recipes - Everyday's Cooking (http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com) is a great page with loads of recipes just waiting to try and enjoy. I knew I have stock of drumstick in my fridge so that's it, and I always have ready stocked of boiled toor dhall.
I tried and was very happy with the result. It was a good combination with sambar and cabbage fry.
Drumstick Pulp Rasam
Source : http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com/2014/01/drumstick-pulp-rasam.html
copy and paste from Priya's page
1/4cup Toor dal (cooked)
- Cut the drumsticks as one inch pieces.
- Cook the sliced drumsticks with enough water until they turns soft.
- Drain the water and scoop out the pulp from the cooked drumstick and keep aside.
- Now take this drumstick pulp,crushed tomato,cooked toordal,curry leaves, crushed garlic cloves, coriander leaves,salt and rasam powder in a bowl.
- Add enough water to make it thin.
- Heat the oil, lzt splutters the mustard seeds,urad dal, add the asafoetida powder,dry red chillies, fry until they turns brown.
- Add immediately the already prepared drumstick-dal mixture to the tempered spices, once the rasam starts bubbling put off the stove.
- Add the lemon juice and give a stir, serve with rice.