Friday, January 17, 2014

Drumstick Pulp Rasam

I was just jayblogging when I chanced upon Priyas and what caught my attention was this Drumstick Pulp Rasam and my brained zoomed to delicious drumstick soup that I had at Anjappar recently. 

It was really delicious and I was actually surprise that we can make soup of drumstick. Normally I had cooked them with sambar, sardine curry or just simply drumstick masala with egg .

Priyas Versatile Recipes - Everyday's Cooking (http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com)  is a great page with loads of recipes just waiting to try and enjoy.   I knew I have stock of drumstick in my fridge so that's it, and I always have ready stocked of boiled toor dhall.

I tried and was very happy with the result. It was a good combination with sambar and cabbage fry.

Drumstick Pulp Rasam
Source : http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com/2014/01/drumstick-pulp-rasam.html
copy and paste from Priya's page

Ingredients Required

1/4cup Toor dal (cooked)

2 nos drumstick big and tender ( I used 3 as mine was slender looking drumstick)

1tsp Rasam powder

1no Tomato (crushed) - I blend instead

Few curry leaves

2nos Garlic cloves (crushed)

1tsp Lemon juice

Few coriander leaves

3nos Dry red chillies

1tsp Mustard seeds +Urad dal

1/4tsp Asafoetida powder

Oil

Salt

 
Method
  1. Cut the drumsticks as one inch pieces.
  2. Cook the sliced drumsticks with enough water until they turns soft.
  3. Drain the water and scoop out the pulp from the cooked drumstick and keep aside.
  4. Now take this drumstick pulp,crushed tomato,cooked toordal,curry leaves, crushed garlic cloves, coriander leaves,salt and rasam powder  in a bowl.
  5. Add enough water to make it thin.
  6. Heat the oil, lzt splutters the mustard seeds,urad dal, add the asafoetida powder,dry red chillies, fry until they turns brown.
  7. Add immediately the already prepared drumstick-dal mixture to the tempered spices, once the rasam starts bubbling put off the stove.
  8. Add the lemon juice and give a stir, serve with rice.

Sathiarani

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quick and Easy Vegetable Briyani

Quick and Easy Vegetable Pulao with Pomegranate Raita 2nd Friday Aadhi Velli Menu of the day Naivedyam was Arisi Paruppu Payasam @ Rice ...