Believe me frying the ajwain in the hot oil ( I had mine mixed with ghee and oil) just was so brilliant. The whole house was filled up with this nice aroma.
Ajwain = ஓமம் (omam) in tamil
- Heat oil.
- Add ajwain and fry them
- Add onions and fry till it is soft.
- Add ginger, garlic and chilli till the rawness smell of the ginger/garlic disappear.
- Add tomato and stir till the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the turmeric, red chilli powder and asafoetida, mix well
- Add potato, mix well
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Add water to the potato and pressure cook it for about 3-4 whistles till the potatoes are cooked and soft.
- Remove lid and let it simmer for a few more minutes at the same time with the back of a spoon press a few of the potatoes sort of to mash it.
- Once you get the right thickness according to your preference, sprinkle some amchur and garam masala
- Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve with hot puris