What you need..
2 cups of toor dhal
2 tbs of ginger garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp of tumeric powder
2 eggplant - quarter
1/2 cup of baby carrots - halved
1 big tomato - quartered
1 big onion - sliced finely
2 sprig of curry leaves
1 green chilly-slit lengthwise
2 tbs of chicken masala powder
1 tbs of sambar powder
*1 tsp cumin
*1 tsp fennel
*1 bay leave
chopped coriander and or mint
p/s : you can add potatoes, carrots, long beans if you wish.
How to do...
- Wash and pressure cooker the dhall with ginger garlic paste and tumeric powder and tomato.
- When the dhall is cooked add in green chilly,carrots, eggplants and any other vegetables that you like.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add curry powder and sambar powder and salt to taste
- In different wok/pan, heat oil and saute all marked * till aromatic, add in onions and curry leaves, bay leaves. Fry till the onions are soft.
- Pour into the dhall, stir well and let it boil for a few more minutes. Remove from fire and add coarsely chopped mint/coriander.
- Serve with rice, thosei, idli or chapatis/puris.