Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mee Rebus



This is one of the many popular of Malaysia, literally translated as Boiled Noodle. My mum used to cook this.....I basically remember the main ingredients of this Mee Rebus - dried shrimps and Sweet Potato.



And since I am back here makes it easier for me to find the ingredients. And I scout too for recipes of Mee Rebus - I found this @ dapurkakelle.blogspot.com. thank you very much dapurkakelle


Ingredients

Yellow Noodle - blanched

* 1 lemongrass

* 1" gallangal

* 2 bigs onions

* 4-5garlics

* 4tbs of taucu - I omitted this

* 2tbs curry powder

* 3tbs of dried shrimps

1/2 cup of peanut - blend fine

sweet potatoe (boiled and blend/mashed) or cornflour for thickening effect, I add also mashed potato

lemon juice/tamarind juice

sugar,salt to taste


Garnish

Boiled eggs - half

chopped spring onions

finely chopped red/green chillies

bean sprouts - blanched.

calamansi - half

fried shallots

fried tau foo - I add this


Method


Blend all those marked * to a fine paste.


Heat oil and saute the blended ingredients till aromatic. Add 2 liters of water and boil. Add tamarind juice/lemon juice, sugar and salt to taste.


When the gravy is boiling add the powdered peanuts and cook till another boil. Add the mashed sweet potato/potato to the gravy, stir well and let it boil over low fire for while before dishing out....


To serve - Pour the gravy over the noodles with the garnishing and voila BON APETTIT......,


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quick and Easy Vegetable Briyani

Quick and Easy Vegetable Pulao with Pomegranate Raita 2nd Friday Aadhi Velli Menu of the day Naivedyam was Arisi Paruppu Payasam @ Rice ...